Friday 21 October 2016

Cutest cafes in Korea

Although I am all about trying the best cup of coffee wherever I happen to be in the world, it is almost as important to feel cozy and welcomed in a coffee shop. When I was living in Vancouver and had regular ‘coffee dates’ on weekends, it was our mission to find these perfect venues that offered an excellent brew as well as a plentiful selection of baked goods and bags of atmosphere.
During my travels in Korea, I have to admit that finding cute cozy coffee shops is easy-peasy. There is simply so much selection that even the pickiest of the crowd can prepare themselbves for a lot of fun. Here come some of my picks from the areas I visited.
-       Coffee It Suda on Jeju Island – this small café has a very relaxed vibe with a nice owner who came to offer me a dried orange as a welcome gesture. It has a nice colourful design with some books and magasizes that all seem to promote the awareness of some local and global problems like helping the less fortunate. 

-       Momo’s Coffee in Busan – although is café will definitely reappear at some point in my blog when I talk about the best quality coffee in Korea, I cannot not mention that it also offers a great relaxing environment that really encourages staying there forever. They have two floors both furnished with some wooden tables as well as a few comfy seats. The outside area has some cool stone statues in one corner, giving the place a really unique look. They have a great display of beans and coffee equipment for sale for coffee enthusiasts. 

-       Café Luwak in Gyeongju – I popped into this café late in the evening because my hostel was very quiet and I felt kind of lonely. This place was instantly welcoming having some cool interior features with lots of figurines and memorabilia. The manager was super nice to me offering me a second drink on the house due to having to move me to another table because a large group of ladies suddenly walked in. 

-       Café du Nunchi in Daegu – if you manage to find a seat there, it is definitely worth staying for a while. It’s in one of Daegu’s smaller lanes where fashionable Korean ladies stroll by with their shopping bags and the owner couple keeps you entertained with some cute hand drawn notes and pictures on the walls. 

-       Coboc Café in Gwangju – although this place is in the outskirts, it serves the most amazing fresh breads and bakery items in town. I visited on a rainy day and it was the best place for staring out into the mountains and watching the city from the distance. 

-       Blackline Coffee in Jeonju – this place had a mixed vibe of a cool bar as well as a coffee place. It was a sunny day so the whole place was open to the street and gave it a pleasantly summery feel. 

Coffee Mill in Seoul (near Bukchon traditional village) – this is a nostalgic old school café located in an old hanok house. It has tons of memorabilia and a really cool wooden furniture. It truly feels like stepping out of the present into the great past of this city. 


No comments:

Post a Comment